Saturday 5 June 2010

Goodbye QUB...almost!

I thought a post was a little overdue but I haven't really being doing that much with my life to warrant one. So what's being going on recently... Well, I had my last exam at uni...ever! Well, I say 'ever' but really I mean until I go back to do some other random degree instead of getting a job. But for now, exams are over. Usually the end of exams is accompanied by immense drinking sessions and days of lazing around doing nothing. Unfortunately we don't get this luxury as MSc students, we still have a lovely thesis to research and write over the summer. People may laugh at me for having to spend summer at uni but lets be honest- they're all just jealous. This means my time at QUB is almost over... slightly sad about that. Four years has been pretty epic here, especially the last two. Thanks to everyone who's made it that much better. Best year, ever. You know who you are.

Especially the lovely tramps. Who, even though the academic year is over, have not let this minor detail affect them and are continuing with our random Adventures! It changed to a Wednesday this week and was a pretty chilled out evening. Started out with Cat, Rob, Sarah and me headin to Crawfordsburn for a while and just chillin on the beach. Colum joined us eventually after having to ring for directions and getting lost even though he lives in Ards. So after that it was off to Ruby Palace and after we had realllly over stayed our welcome there it was down to Ballyholme til the sun went down. The sun was out, the water was nice (or cold according to the rest of them), the food was good and it was nice to see the tramps (even if some of them bailed- poor show Sharkey). Although I don't think i'd go back there with anyone again, especially Crawfordsburn. It's definitely a place to go with just some music, climb round the rocks and hide from the world.


Heading to Muckno tomorrow for their Open Day, a whole day of 'arms straight, knees bent' ... I can hardly wait. Ah no, it should be good but won't be anywhere near as good as last year. There'll be people missing this year who should be there :(

It's Wobsies birthday coming up soon so we're heading to Dublin next weekend for some trampy times. And then straight from Dublin to the airport, cause i'm off to Spain Sunday morning for a few days. Looking forward to getting away to the sun and finally getting back on the water for a while but it's a pity that there aren't a few more people going. I'll be sure to update you all of goings on on that trip!

And straight back for a weekend in Donegal with some tramps and surfers! Going to be an interesting few weeks! If i survive all that i'll let you's know how I get on!

J xx

No comments:

Post a Comment