Wednesday 19 May 2010

It starts...

Hello there bloggers, non-bloggers and all you other people NOT sitting on a cushion!! (i'll give a cookie to anyone who can name the film i've robbed that quote from?)

Well it has happened. I have succumbed to peer pressure. These surfers really are a bad influence! Imagine encouraging someone to start a blog the week before exams! How inconsiderate of them, really! Or they know how close to insanity I am having to look at pictures of and books about all manner of things in the grand old oceans, in which case all i can say it 'Thank You!!' So Gina and Cravis, it will be on your heads if I fail my exams but at least my sanity is still (somewhat) intact! A large proportion was lost when I joined the Surf Club this year but what remains is safe...for a while anyway.

So as this is my first venture into the blogging world I thought i'd give you a few highlights from the past few months in the world of me.

First of all (because I think they'd kill me if it wasn't first) is Surf Club. After always wanting to learn how to surf I decided to join QUB Surf Club. And it was the best decision ever because, in the words of Gina McCune, "Surf Club has become my absolute favourite" (well, my joint favourite with the Tramps!). I soon realised that Surf Club came with a 'surfing optional' clause which may sound bad but has just made us a more rounded group of amazing athletes! Why limit ourselves to just surfing trips when we could also be amazingly awesome at ice-skating, acting like kids in Indiana Land, skateboarding and wakeboarding. In fact in recent months there has been very little (some would say none at all) surfing involved in QUB Surf Club! But regardless of that fact they are a great group of people, again the word 'favourite' will be used.


One of my fellow surfers, GinaG suggested I use this blog to record all the times I shout at JJ, but I figured I would never stop and I don't know if the world could take that much blogging so I shall limit myself to one insult/joke/telling off etc per surf club related post.
"There was five in the bed and the little one said...Get out James."

On an aside, Rachel Davis is very annoying. Learn some patience woman!!

I fear I would never stop writing about the awesomeness of the surf club so I shall leave it there...for now. No doubt there will be many fun filled posts about them in the future.


And of course there is the Tramps- also known as QUB Trampoline Club. Ah it's been a great 3 years guys! Well...i think it has! So many memories, not all of them completely clear though. Varsities, ISTO's, SSTO's and of course Bouncy Balls and random nights out. The less said about these the better I think, but a quick rundown includes certain tramps relieving themselves in fireplaces, being propositioned by random Scottish Poles, ALOT of random drunkeness, 'tryingo to sleepo'...ah well, there's alot. But it's all good because when things get bad we'll all just remember to chillax...... Thanks Sharkey!! ;) Although one of the best nights has to be the antics following our wonderfully well attended AGM. To start it was straight to the Eg and I would like to say whoever thought of 6 shots for £6 was pure evil. And when Colum Miskelly tells you to leave your dignity at home- listen! Some people didn't and they quickly checked their dignity in with their coats...a wise plan. Of course, given that it was a tramp night we eventually moved to the tramps home, Rain. And... well, it was no doubt the messiest night of the tramp year and maybe the less said the better but it was an epic ending.

Ah Trampy Adventure Fridays also rock. There shall be entire blogs about them too so I shall leave it for another time.


This has been a very long post and I don't think I have actually said anything.... Oh well, i'll make the rest of it really quick. Went to QUB for three years, graduated with an honours degree in Marine Biology. Like to wakeboard at Muckno and wakeboarders are great people.


If you got this far I have to congratulate you because even I don't know what i've said and I don't have much intention of going back to find out. No doubt now I have put everyone off ever reading my blog again so now I can write whatever the heck I want- I suppose that takes the pressure off!!

Back to the books.... I hate fish.
Probably should have realised this sooner.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so it's not actually that long but it took a while to write- time that should be spent studying so that's it for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocinta, that was PURE BEAUT! Loved every bit of it - you do have a way with words woman... I think you're already better than me, dammit! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. im owed a cookie ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete